Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mae, with Tokyo


Mae
Originally uploaded by amber in norfolk

Went to the Mae concert at the UC Chesapeake last night. This is a photo of them at the Norva, taken by some other lovely photographer. Anyway, the opening act was Tokyo, who was pretty good. Mae was excellent, but only played for about an hour. At the door, tickets were $6 for students, so what can you expect I guess. They played bunches of songs I don't know, but also all the songs by them I do know. Good times. Alex Douglas came with me, we did not stand too close which I think is good because I probably got less hearing damage. I got some, but not too bad. There was some crowd surfing, actually, and one girl got dropped. Crowd surfing is such a bad idea! Anyway, if you dig Mae or similar sounds you should check them out in concert. Plus they're from Norfolk! So they play at the Norva a lot.

Grade: A-

No comments: