Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Geminids

And I have gone on to events now! Basically by reading my reviews you should be able to piece together to some extent what I've been up to. Anyway, this was supposed to be the best meteor shower of 2007. The internets told me it would be best on the 14th at about 2 am, so that's when Jeff and I trucked ourselves out to Barksdale Field with a towel and heavy coats and some popcorn. It was in the mid-30s and windy, and basically got really cold pretty quickly. We stayed out for about 30 minutes and saw about 9 or 10 meteors, which is a really good rate for a meteor shower! It was far more successful than our 2 attempts at watching showers last year. The meteors were bright and some were big and slow. Also Mars has been out and it's still really bright and cool. I am glad to have taken astronomy and know lots of stars and constellations. And also why we have meteor showers!

Grade: B

No comments: