Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Miyako

I decided restaurants would be good to review too! Miyako is a Japanese restaurant in the Williamsburg shopping center. It's near campus (15 minute walk or so). I have eaten here several times and love it. Tuesdays is dollar sushi night (though that's not exactly what it costs), anyway, the sushi's cheap on Tuesdays. And it's delicious! Yesterday we went for Nathan's birthday celebration. I got Philadelphia salmon rolls and a house salad, Jeff got tuna rolls and miso soup. We also tried some squid. Their house salads are amazing; the dressing is a sesame vinegraitte sort of, it's awesome. The Philadelphia salmon rolls were awesome, I didn't really like the squid though. But that's probably just personal taste. The tuna was good too. A great deal there is any of the dinner boxes, they come with lots of food. You get an entree dish, some tempura veggies and shrimp, rice of course, edamame, miso soup, and a salad. I hear the miso's pretty good, I don't like soup but... it has tofu in it which is interesting. Everything I've gotten there is great. The Hwe Du Bop is highly recommended if you like sashimi. Apparently that's a Korean dish. The restaurant itself is nicely decorated and very receptive to students.

Grade: A

No comments: