Thursday, March 8, 2007

AP's 100 Bands... post 2.

13. Fucked Up - The label, Jade Tree, has a poor quality video up for downloading of the song "Baiting the Public Knitting Factory." It's hardcore punk, and I don't like it. VERDICT: Thumbs down.

14. Whitey - You can find a video for "Non Stop" at the Dim Mak site. It's pretty cool, and I'm almost certain I've heard it on XM before. I like it! Good indie electronica. VERDICT: Thumbs up!

15. Ludo - Their site, ludorock.com, has lots of media to check out. "Hum Along" is catchy, they sound kind of like Motion City Soundtrack and Sugarcult, like AP says. I like it. VERDICT: Thumbs way up!

16. Busdriver - There's a promo vid on the Epitaph site, and it's so awesome! Great indie/rap/hip-hop stuff. And I am not the biggest fan of rap. But I like it a lot! VERDICT: Thumbs way up!!!

17. Car Bomb - I listened to "His Eyes" on Relapse, which is the same label as Agoraphobic Nosebleed, The Dillinger Escape Plan, and Pig Destroyer. It's kind of crazy, and I like it! VERDICT: Thumbs up!

18. This Moment In Black History - To hear them, go to www.myspace.com/thismomentinblackhistory. I'm not really sure how to describe it... You just need to go listen. VERDICT: One thumb up, one down.

19. Blackpool Lights - I also found this band on Myspace (www.myspace.com/blackpoollights). I heard "Empty Tank," and it was quite cool. I'd call it pop rock. VERDICT: Thumbs up!

20. The Forecast - I have heard this band before, and I like them. I thought I had a song or two, but I was mistaken. Anyway, it's good. VERDICT: Thumbs up!

21. The Drones - It's closest to punk, I'd say... although self-described as psychobilly. I heard "Lady in Red" on their Myspace (www.myspace.com/thedrones). Not my favorite. VERDICT: Thumbs down.

22. 8MM - AP says they sound like Massive Attack... and I dig some Massive Attack. www.myspace.com/8mm has some tracks. I listened to "Liar," and it did not disappoint. VERDICT: Thumbs way up!

23. Holy Roman Empire - Their site is www.myspace.com/holyromanempire. I heard "The Ace" and it is pretty much awesome. Described as indie rock, this band is very promising. VERDICT: Thumbs way up!

24. Cancer Bats - They weren't on the artist list for Abacus, so I feel lied to. I found them at www.myspace.com/cancerbats, and heard "French Immersion." It's some pretty metal stuff. I approve. VERDICT: Thumbs up!

25. Midnight Movies - New Line Records has the song "Patient Eye" up. It's pretty cool, I'm not sure how to classify it - indie rock? Anyway, fairly good. VERDICT: Thumbs up.

26. Heavy Heavy Low Low - On www.myspace.com/heavyheavylowlow you will hear some interesting thrash metal. I listened to "Tell Shannon," and I'm not all that into thrash, sorry. Verdict: Thumbs down.

27. The Confession - I decided at this point to stop going to the label sites that are listed and just use Myspace. So unless otherwise noted, you can search for all these bands on Myspace. Anyway, about this band: they do sound like A7X, and I dig that kind of metal. VERDICT: Thumbs way up!

28. Professor Murder - They describe themselves as 'happy hardcore' which is highly amusing. They're interesting... I think I like it? VERDICT: One thumb up, one wavering.

29. Cold War Kids - Ooh, I have "Hang Me Up to Dry" already, I'm pretty sure I heard it on XM and it is quite amazing. They have a pretty original sound. VERDICT: Thumbs way up!

30. The Kooks - "You Don't Love Me" starts out really dancy and catchy, and stays that way. I really like it! VERDICT: Thumbs way up!

31. The Photo Atlas - Anything compared to ATDI deserves some attention. So I listened to "Handshake Heart Attack" and while it does resemble ATDI a little, it's a little more dancy. I like it! VERDICT: Thumbs way up!

32. Circa Survive - Yes, AP, I know Circa Survive. We are on pretty great terms. VERDICT: Thumbs way up!

33. Totimoshi - I heard "Viva Zapata" and it sounds pretty cool. VERDICT: Thumbs up!

No comments: